The SCMS is the professional association of physicians in Saginaw County, and is a component of the Michigan State Medical Society (MSMS). In order to be a member of one, you must be a member of both. AMA membership is optional. Membership is open to MDs and DOs. Serving all specialties and all practice types - hospital employed, group and solo.
MSMS Membership Provides Members and Their Staff:
- Lower insurance rates through MSMS Physicians Insurance Agency
- Full-time lobbying at the State Capitol representing organized medicine
- Statewide or regional media campaigns on issues important to physicians and medicine
- Information for physicians on economic issues related to the business side of running a medical practice
- Relationships with state agencies related to the health care delivery system
- Educational programs related to topics impacting all Michigan physicians
- Health Information Technology
- Reimbursement Advocate
- Pay-For-Performance Initiatives
- Coding Alerts & Assistance
- ICD-10 Resources
- Practice Handbook
- CMS 1500 Forms
- HIPAA information
- Legal Alerts
- Guides, Checklists and Toolkits
- Scope of Practice Guidebook
- And more!
EDUCATION & LEADERSHIP
- The MSMS Annual Scientific Meeting and hundreds of other CME and practice management courses attract thousands of MSMS members who benefit from the member discount.
- MSMS and SCMS offer many effective committees and a variety of opportunities for leadership experience.
“MEMBERS ONLY” BENEFITS
- The MSMS Reimbursement Advocate who can cut loose the toughest claims caught in insurance company red tape is available only to MSMS members.
- The “members only” portion of the MSMS website at www.msms.org is loaded with valuable practice management tools that non-members cannot access.
- DocExchange to build your community and connect with your colleagues.
- And much more!